divefreak divefreak ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

abgegebene "Danke": 0

Boot Infos

Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren

Das Zeug wurde gerade erwähnt

Zitat:
Wing makes a paint for their tubes and it is extremely durable. Only problem I had with it, besides smelling extremely toxic is the coverage. It is a bit transparent. I recently reconditioned a hypalon tube and used this product. It covered well in five coats and seems to have bonded well.
Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren
Not sure how it will hold up in the long run, but I checked a few references and they seem to be doing well in some difficult environments. As Ryan mentioned all of THESE paints make a chemical bond, so failure shouldn't occur if prep is done properly and you follow the manufacturers instructions. Like any paint job, it's all about the prep. Painting is the easy part. Take your time and do it right and it will last for years. Work in a controlled environment if you can (e.g. not in the direct sun light, low humidity). The products I used are all roll on, so there will be some texture. The product Ryan mentioned can be sprayed. My Wing tube has 1 year on it and it looks like new with no failures or significant signs of wear.

All of your attachments (D-rings, rub-strake ect) can be removed with a little heat, cleaned sanded and re-glued. Once the tube is stripped you can soap it for leaks. My Wing tube was so bad ( cloth showing ) we made a few patches then vacuumed it flat and rolled it twice before re-inflating and final paint. This sealed Most of the leaks. Rub-strake You can order new and glue it on. Most of these adhesives begin to fail at 140 degrees so a heat gun will do the trick. On the rub-strake I went with yellow. My theory is that it would conduct less heat than black in the hot Florida sun and be less likely to fail. Once everything is glued up you can over lap the paint on the rub-strake making it pretty bullet proof. And remember, prep, prep, prep!
Muß ich whl doch endlich mal rüber fliegen und mir das live angucken