Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 11.11.2003, 17:24
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

abgegebene "Danke": 0

Hi Martin,

From what you say it sounds that this boat suits you fine!

The only unfortunate thing in all this is that for all of us who like the sea and we have RIBs and boats as a hobby we pay through the nose for everything. But we enjoy it!!

Now, regarding the reliability of AVONs just to tell you that a friend of mine has similar boat to yours for 20+ years and he only changed valves last summer. He has a Yamaha 50bhp on it too.

Also he improvised some short of mechanism where he can open and close the water flooding holes by switching a button on/off. Is good because you can have both a heavy and light hull when is appropriate.

Don't know how is done or who this mechanism works but when you get the boat and you need any help please let me know and will get the plans of this 'improvisation'!!

Re V-hull I think if you will not force the boat to go fast you will find that the V hull concept is OK at low speeds (at about 15 knots) and waves. You will see that the boat cuts the waves like a knife cuts butter. On high speeds you will find out that is a bit bumpy but this is not a big problem.

Re price if this is what you can find where you are then is a fair price. Don't forget that if you buy a boat from the UK you will have the cost of transportation also.

Overall, the AVON is a good reliable boat and many of the preset time new boats have the same or similar hull to this.

Good luck!!:coool: