Alt 01.11.2003, 18:29
Benutzerbild von DieterM
DieterM DieterM ist offline
In Memoriam
Treuesterne:

abgegebene "Danke": 0

Boot Infos

Okey Manos,

I see and agree with you, that radar and radarplotters can be very usefull, specially, when you are sailing often by night or with brumy weather in intensive trafic areas (English Channel, northern habours, deep trafic ways, etc., where this equipment might be very useful for security reasons. By the way it is hazardous in a non protective position on board.

But on our sportive RIBs, mostly used during the holidays or at the weekends, and just for leisure, I feel it's useless to install such an equipment, even in case you w'll find a place for the installation. And you must have an additional license for the operation and another one for the installation. The equipment allowed for the use on the river rhin or danube has to be different from seaside equipment.

Even few sailing and motorboats boats in the upper class arounf and exceeding 15 m length are equipped with such radar-installations.

The most usefull electronic equipment on board of our RIBs is on my opinion the GPS-Plotter. For this reason I've installed a GARMIN GPSMAP 176C in colour and with Bluechart-Chip at the dashboard of my MARLIN RIB, and I'm not missing any further navigation equipment with exception of the seacard of the region and the std. SILVA ballcompass.

Sam is seeking for a minimum 10 m RIB highly powered most probably with twin HONDA 225 HP Outboarders, but he has not mentioned where , where he intends to run this bolide. He might need such security equipment like a radarplotter also he is negating now. The expences will be a peenut additionally to the 10 m RIB price. It might be possible, that he is just dreaming, and ... dreams are wonderfull ...

Strongly, we donot need radar!

Cheers
Dieter