Verlink uns
Zurück   Schlauchbootforum > Allgemeines > Smalltalk

Smalltalk Alles was wo anderst nicht reinpasst.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 22.10.2003, 22:06
Benutzerbild von Rotti
Rotti Rotti ist offline
ZarRottiKer
Treuesterne:

abgegebene "Danke": 185

Boot Infos

Hallo Mandri - BATFALCON

Hello Mandri!

Welcome in our Rubberdogs Forum - The best in Austria and Germany

I saw your Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren and your wonderfull big Rib. Congratulation.

Best Regards to Greece

Mathias

Zugfahrzeug LMC Cruiser 674G Liberty auf Fiat Ducato 2,3 Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren
Alt 24.10.2003, 14:17
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

abgegebene "Danke": 0

Hi Michael (Mandri)
After of many tries finally managed to register with the valuable help of the admin. This is a Great site. Thanks for introducing it to me.
Alt 24.10.2003, 16:59
Benutzerbild von DieterM
DieterM DieterM ist offline
In Memoriam
Treuesterne:

Boot Infos

Hallo Manos,

we are very pleased to have guests from abroad. So let me also welcome you to our site, hoping you will enjoy one or the other theme although written igerman language under all of these people and friends in love with inflatable boats.

Best regards
Dieter between Munich and Ingolstadt in Germany.
Alt 24.10.2003, 19:03
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

Well thank you very much Dieter.
I have look through the site a bit and a lot of the posts (after I translated them) are interesting.
Is a pitty I cannot speak German but this is not a problem at all thanks to the translator

Ich denke, dass das nur richtig und zum Forum respektvoll ist, um in Deutschen zu schreiben, die den Übersetzer gebrauchen. So ist das, was ich getan habe, seitdem ich verbunden war.
Es war nur, als ich sah, dass Leute auf Englisch zurückschrieben, dass ich auf Englisch antwortete.
Auf jede Weise ist das eine gute Seite, und viele Leute sind darauf, und geht sehr weiter. Ich denke, dass es Gitter sein wird!!

Alt 24.10.2003, 21:55
Benutzerbild von DieterM
In Memoriam
Treuesterne:

Boot Infos

Thanks Manos,

and respect for your efforts to write in german, although there ist a lot of people here able to communicate in english.

Presume, that you have met Mathias (Mandri) last year in Venezia in december at the RIB meeting organized by italians. He is scheduled to participate again this year on the 25th memorial event in Venezia in begin of december 2003.

Are you partcipating again this year? or where did you met Mathias?

Acc. to my informations, there is a swiss participating on the Venezia-Triest tour this year with a 7,80 m Tornado RIB with twin 80HP Yamaha Outboarders. Peter from Zürich, that is the fellow, is normally always in the time begin of may in Oban/Scottland making special tours through the Shettland lochs every year.

Regards
Dieter
Alt 25.10.2003, 10:45
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

Hi Dieter

Well if is OK to write in English without upsetting any one I will do.

I think that there is a misunderstanding about MANDRI.

MANDRI is a friend of mine called Michael (MANDRI is the name he uses on his emails) who also uses a name BATFALCON. He joined this forum a day or two (I think) before I did. He introduced me to this forum.

I do not know Mathias.

Currently I am quite busy with work, as I decided that I get old (46 now) and life is too short and one needs to enjoy what he's got left of it.
So with whatever money I had saved and a large bank loan I've embarked to start a small business in Greece, hiring RIBs and renting apartments and villas on Santorini. However, I have live in the UK and lived here for the last 20+ years and got unused to the Greek beauraucracy, and time consuming stupid rules which make it very difficult for me now to get any time off since I must push things and be on top of them in order to have the business up and running by April 2004. So there is no time (at least for now) to go anywhere.

For me the boating season has now come to an end and I am looking forward for the next season.

Regarding the Italians, I have tried to communicate with a few clubs last year to arrange to join them either on Italy or the Ionian Sea but I never received any reply. So it never happened. I did my own thing instead together with my family and sometime MANDRI (BATFALCON) and in a months time I clocked up 80 hours (about 200+ miles). Not bad going ehh?? :)

In the UK (where I live) is too bloody cold to do anything exciting and being spoiled on the Greek seas and climate, where you can visit an island after island in warm weather without wearing all this uncomfortable weather gear, I have only been out with friends very few times. Mainly round the Isle of White and the Solent and up to Weymouth.

Well this is it for a Saturday bright but very cold UK morning. Off for my breakfast
Alt 25.10.2003, 16:03
Benutzerbild von DieterM
In Memoriam
Treuesterne:

Boot Infos

Hi Manos,

it really seems to be a missunderstanding, sorry. Wondering, why Mandry is not joining the thread, maybe he will enter later.

But nevermind, I'm happy to exchange in english and hope it will be also suitable for other members here.

Greece, presume your are greek, is a wondeful country, where i was ones coming from Benghazi via Athen to proceed in the evening to Munich. In the meantime a had a chance to see the Acropolis with a traveller of same flyght, proceeding to Australia via Near-East, whilest we rented a taxidrver to show us the surroundings of Athen.

The waterside in Geece is a dream, although I never was there. Wish plenty of success with the business idea.

Suggest you to contact Kosta, owner of the 6 m BRIGG RIB which crowns the site, he is also greece living in Vienna, and spending yearlies hollydays in Chalkidikhi. Had the pleasure to met him at the Attersee-Meeting near to Salzburg in Austria.

Wintertime is coming, and it is getting cold. But nevermind, springtime will be coming soon with a new season to enjoy our RIB's at the waterside. Believe, that for the time being UK is actually quite unconfortable, but time is passing by.

Regards
Dieter
Alt 25.10.2003, 18:44
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

Hey Dieter,

Looks like you are are doing a lot of travelling. I use to do that for business though and got very fed up with it (being away from home 3 weeks every month!!). This is one of thee reasons I decided to start this new business.

Thanks for your wishes too. And yes I am Greek but I live in the UK with my family (studied BSc and MSc and stayed since).

I assume that Kostas is a member here. I will try to contact him.

Michael (MANDRI) is busy today (him being in Greece with lovely weather that they have right now), I assume he is taking his RIB out or doing a little job on it.

Unfortunately I am in the UK where weather is cold and the start of the long winter seems to be getting nearer and nearer.

Regarding Mathias if he is an Austrian chap he sent a message on another forum on Yahoo called Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren
with a very nice video (this is the link Um Links zu sehen, bitte registrieren )
that was taken during his holidays in Croatia. Have to say that the music on the video is great, the video is great and also that Croatia looks like a very lovely place. A place that needs visiting sometime in the near future.

I am also attaching a photo taken in June 2003where we are at a little sandy cove on Makronisos Island in Greece (just 3 miles E of Cape Sounion) where you can see my RIB, Michael's RIB in the middle and a friends (called George) 5 mtr RIB moored in the cove. By the way the island that you see in the distance is called Kea and is about 10 miles accross.
Angehängte Grafiken
Dateityp: jpg makronisos 4 june 2003.jpg (26,9 KB, 39x aufgerufen)
Alt 25.10.2003, 20:35
Benutzerbild von DieterM
In Memoriam
Treuesterne:

Boot Infos

Hi Manos,

beautiful picture in Greece! thanks. Mathias Rotti is very active in this FORUM and is a nice austrian guy. Unfortunately I'm unable to run his videos as my IBM notebook and the telefon connection is too slow.

Well, I'm already retired without the stress of business time, reason why there is mor time disponible for trips to nice places. Under diff. Countries you will find several reports from my corner and also some pictures. Unfortunately last 3 films were processed by KODAK under very bad conditions, this is the reason why the last Korsika report is still without some photos.

In my more than 40 years of business live I'was always travelling very much, partly with car and partly with plane. You are always happy when coming home. So I knew hotels in europe, africa, eastern europe upto Kasachstan, as well south amerika (Brasil). By the way there were also a lot of trips to partners in London for the MAN export truck division in Munich, where I had a responsible position in the export as area manager in several countries. When you speak a lot of languages, you are mostly acting internationally. But business is finished. Now I'm trying to enjoy the balance of my live with my lovely wife Christa.

With regard to Croatia, it's a nice place always recommendable for holidays. For any further infos kindly contact Mathias Rotti which is very experienced in the northern area.

Have a nice sunday +regards
Dieter
Alt 25.10.2003, 21:24
Benutzerbild von Manos
Manos Manos ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer
Treuesterne:

Thanks Dieter. Hopefully sometime you can make it to Greece. I think you will enjoy it. Is a lovely place (not Athens though is not the place to be during the summer).
Well have to go now.
Have a Great Weekend.
Cheers
Manos
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht