PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : GPS shutdown!!

Manos
16.12.2004, 16:48
or a madman on the loose

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&ncid=703&e=6&u=/ap/20041216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/positioning_satellites

DieterM
16.12.2004, 18:18
Hallo Manos,

have just red these news at another place. These are no good news and shows, how nervous the yankee-warlords are with their policy for securing oil round the world. What a waste of money which could be used for better policy and freedom in this world.

Unfortunately the galileo system has still to weight for another 3 years until it goes into work.

Hopefully everyone here is still able to navigate his boat in the traditional way with compass and sea- + windchards in case of cases ... :biggrin:

helge
16.12.2004, 18:21
Na, dass ist doch nicht neu, dass GPS bei "Bedarf" ungenau bzw abgeschaltet werden soll, falls es aus militärischen oder terroraktiven Gründen notwendig sein sollte, wurde doch schon öfters angekündigt und sollte jedem Skipper bekannt sein. Nicht nur deshalb sollte man Kompass, Seekarte und Zirkel dabei haben..... :5baby:
Gruß Helge :confused:

Manos
16.12.2004, 18:31
Hi Dieter yes thank God for the Gallileo :chapeau:

The yanks (their Goverment) are in big trouble right now same in the UK. They tried to revive a falling economy with military (mini) wars instead invest in development.

Helge always a compass is useful never go away withou it :chapeau:

helge
16.12.2004, 19:42
But we will get great trouble if Gallileo will work like the system of TALL COLLECT... :biggrin:
I know well only to go out with a compass - perhaps I need it in the city in cae of "smoke-alert" ... :5badair:
Helge

Iworry if it is necessary now to learn english for using this forum? :rolleyes:

DieterM
16.12.2004, 20:28
Servus Helge,

the german government confirmed yesterday unisono with TOLLCOLLECT, that the system is now functional and ready to start in january 2005.

With regard to the GALLILEO-System, it will take its time to mature and will be more precise and with more functions in comparison with the US system. Actually americans are dicussing with europeans the radio frequency, the europeans want to run it on the same frequency like the actual US System, meanwhile the USA want to have it on a different one because of the possibility for an disturbing interference in case of differences with europe. :biggrin:

By the way, Manos is greek. As most of our members donot speek greek, and Manos doesnot speak german, we are using english for the mutual understanding. Hopefully you will agree. :wink:

Matt_CDN
16.12.2004, 21:05
Hi Dieter yes thank God for the Gallileo :chapeau:

The yanks (their Goverment) are in big trouble right now same in the UK. They tried to revive a falling economy with military (mini) wars instead invest in development.

Helge always a compass is useful never go away withou it :chapeau:

Dont get too excited. It says they will disable GPS and LIKE networks operated BY OTHERS.

That means they will bring down gallileo if they have to.

matt

helge
16.12.2004, 21:09
TOLLCOLLECT, that the system is now functional and ready to start in january 2005
... so we shall hope.. :rolleyes:
Oh yes, pardon, I hadn't knew this situation. But now hopefully you have enough patience for understanding my "english" - but help me to learn better .... :allah:
But perhaps:
Peut-être, il y a aussi une persone francaise ici? :biggrin:
Salut Helge

Manos
16.12.2004, 23:44
Helge I have to appologise not speaking German and thank you for understanding. For what it worths my son speaks German fluently.
Je parle petit français just enough to get food and drink in France and talk to girls :biggrin: .
Dieter thank you for your understanding too. Apreciated.
Now back to this system from what matt says the yanks have the upper hand once again :5badair: or this does not affect us in Europe.

Matt_CDN
17.12.2004, 01:08
Helge I have to appologise not speaking German and thank you for understanding. For what it worths my son speaks German fluently.
Je parle petit français just enough to get food and drink in France and talk to girls :biggrin: .
Dieter thank you for your understanding too. Apreciated.
Now back to this system from what matt says the yanks have the upper hand once again :5badair: or this does not affect us in Europe.

Sorry to say it but the yanks do have the upper hand. They will shut down any system they like to shut down (GPS, Gallileo) with the method of their choice, most likely interuptng the system from the satelites or causing them to send bogus systems. They will care little about the fact that the europeans operate Gallileo.

Matt

Manos
17.12.2004, 02:04
Matt is mad :5bouncy: .
Is completely crazy that what we do here in Europe to depend and to be affected by the wimps of a profiteering and unscrupulous looney in the US :5blindfol :zicon_vik
MADNESS!! :ferdis: